Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kuntry Night - Top 6 - 04/27/10

Oh boy! – Kuntry night! Now, just where did I leave my chaps and spurs? . . . . Oh yeah, I remember now! I’ll just buy new ones . . . . Long story!

Ryan – Yep – there it is again – that SAME black suit. I do hope he has that thing dry cleaned every week – if not, he gotta be stinkin by now. Pretty sad that with a 45 million dollar contract he only gets one suit. If that don’t show you how tough times are – I don’t know what does! 45 million sure don’t get ya what it use to! (OMG, to have that problem!)

OK – Shania Twain – she’s still HOT!

Lee – ‘You’re Still The One’ – Black jacket, White shirt, black tie, black tee, black pants – it works on him (I rock that look much better though!) – He did jam up with that. He definitely put his own spin on it and totally did his usual awesome Lee job. Good song choice for him - I mean come on – its Shania, all girl songs – not much to pick from here people! – So, damn fine job!

Side note – Did you notice that when the dork (aka, Ryan) and Lee were standing beside each other – they both had on black/white – it was kinda like – here’s the old version and here’s the updated version – I’ll let you guess which was which.

Mike – ‘It Only Hurts When I Breath’ – Black jacket, Black shirt, Black jeans – OK, OK, the jacket was kinda cool but that little bit of ‘bling’ was so ‘ordinary’. OMG! – ANOTHER slow song! That is ALL this guy can do! (Just FYI for you new comers, NOT a Mike fan and NOT a Ryan fan) - OK, gotta go here again – Personal Trainer!?! - Seriously!?! – He could train people to eat, maybe! He did his usual straight line performance. Still can’t get the comparison to Mike Tyson singing in Hangover (which by the way is the best movie in cinematic history!) outta my mind! I think next time they need to put a tiger on stage with him. He’s just boring to me and the attitude is starting to weigh as much as he does. OK – I’ll leave him alone – for now . . . .

Casey – ‘Don’t’ – He’s got on his usual print long sleeve unbuttoned shirt (if you’re gonna unbutton it that low – how about develop it a little first son) and jeans. BORING! However; that performance was not! This is by far the best performance this guy has done to date. Excellent song choice – guitar playin was awesome – just all around an awesome job. Casey is finally back up at bat!

Crystal - ‘Need To Know’ – Got on a plumb colored print frock wid a big ole brown belt and kickin cowboy boots - If I am not mistaken, which as we all know is a very rare instance, this is the first time we have seen her legs. So, Crystal does kuntry, her way. Ya know if Joplin had to sing this song – this is the way she would have done it. Did I absolutely love this rendition of it? No. Yeah, I agree that this was not her best performance but I mean come on – its kuntry! (Don’t EVEN get me started on the whole ‘theme’ thing – we’ll be here all day!) I agree with Kara, she made it believable and she still rocks! I love this chick!

Aaron – ‘You Got A Way’ – Cool jacket, Plaid shirt (SURPRISE! – NOT!) – And jeans. Like Casey – this is his staple outfit. The judges raved over this guys performance I thought it was good but not all dat! Another love song, another slow song, another plaid shirt . . . . Yada, Yada, Yada . . . . Yeah, the guy can sing but I’m still stuck on . . . . Next.

Soybean – ‘Any Man Of Mine’ – What the hell did she have on? I swear it looked like a Judy Jetson floral print on meth! Her hair needed just one more color in it – totally not enough! Gonna make this an easy one – it was all her! That was kinda weird for me - it was like Superman trying to do Underdog (which by the way I do have both of those costumes – and yes there are pictures – but not on Facebook!) – It was her normal good but I think she yelled the bigger notes – wish she would have controlled those more – it was like she was trying to hard. She was good though – but again – its kuntry and kuntry she ain’t. If she would come to some of the kuntry towns in SC dressed like that – well, let’s just say that there would definitely be some talking going on . . . . and to be quite honest - you'd probably never hear from her again . . . . there are some mean kuntry, back stick towns here . . . . I know - my cousins have relatives that live there . . . .

OK my fellow ART’ies. This is gonna be a close one. I’m going on the record here and saying that if Crystal gets voted off and that Mike (Personal Trainer, my azz!) stays – especially after those stupid judges used their only save on him – well, I will NOT be a happy mountain hiker!

I want Mike gone but at this stage of the game – who knows? Will we have another Daughtry upset? We'll see tonight . . . . . Where's my Xanax?



Peace out!



DJ Jumper

ART Oresident

No comments:

Post a Comment