Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Scotty vs Lauren 05/24/11

Well, the rumor mill and all the idol message boards are predicting that Scotty will take it. It’s a draw for me. Ryan. Whoa! The dufus has a tux on! Well, a dufus in a tux is still a dufus! And the battle begins! First up – Scotty – ‘Gone’ – Leather jacket printed purple crew neck that was way to big for him and jeans. Maybe if he wins he’ll get a good stylist! He did his usual with this one. He had fun with it and was all over the stage. All in all a pudry darn good job! . . . . Lauren – ‘Flat on the Floor’ – Black shirt, silver jacket, black leggings, boots, can you say tacky?!? She sounded just a little shaky on this one. I know she strained her vocal chord so I’m sure that’s not helping. She did OK but didn’t blow me away . . . . . Round 1 to me goes to Scotty . . . . Round 2! – Scotty – ‘Check Yes Or No’ – chosen for him by George Strait. Red plaid shirt and jeans – He’s worn that shirt before! Well, George Strait he ain;t, but who is? He did a fair job though. In comparison to George, it would be a no. For Scotty it would be a good job . . . . Lauren – ‘Maybe It Was Memphis’ – Chosen for her by Carrie Underwood. Carrie chose a Pam Tillis song, interesting. She has adorned herself in this gawd awful gold short pageant dress and silver boots! My eyes! My eyes! That was just wrong people! Just wrong! On this one she seemed a little rushed like she was just trying to get through it. All of it seemed forced. Round 2 – Gotta give it to Scotty again . . . . As for the ‘Positive’ song performed by whoever that was, all I can say is that I am positive that I will not be downloading that song! Round 3 – Scotty – ‘I Love You This Big’ – Gray jacket, white shirt and jeans. If he does get a stylist, they have got one heck of a job in front of them! I really liked the lyrics to this song. With nothing to compare it to, I actually liked it. I’m sure the studio version will be much better. He did a good job on that one. Good song for him really fit his voice . . . . Lauren – ‘Like My Mother Does’ – Here we go again with a long pageant type white dress and the pageant hair. Maybe she’s going for the Loretta Lynn thang? Not sure what she’s doing. Again, I really like the lyrics of the song and this was as well a good song for her. It fit her voice and when she walked out and started singing to her mother, that was cool. I’m sure that racked her up some vote’s right there. She did a good job on the song and she sang it with some passion. Yeah, she went off here and there but it’s the best she’s done tonight. Round 3, Gonna go with Lauren . . . . So after all the songs (and endless commercials! – song, commercial, song commercial, song commercial, song commercial! ) – I’m still going to go with the rumor mill and say it’s going to be a Scotty win. But, with the way voting has gone this season – Who the hell knows! . . . . So who do we add to the list? Season 1 – Kelly Clarkson, still around and singing great!, Season 2 – Rueben Studdard (Who?), Season 3, Fantasia Barrino, doing good on Broadway, Season 4, Carrie Underwood, megahit!, Season 5, Taylor Hicks, The true version of an American Idol one night stand – his record label dropped him the day after they signed him, Season 6, Jordin Sparks, done a little, not a lot. Season 7, David Cook, had some good hits, Season 8, Kris Allen (Who?), Season 9, Lee DeWyze (Who?) and for season 10 . . . . . . We’ll find out tomorrow night but I was so close to going ahead and typing Scotty’s name . . . . . We’ll see! DJ Jumper ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment