Thursday, May 19, 2011

Top 3 - 05/19/11

Yeah, Yeah, I know I missed last week. Well, I didn’t miss it – still upset! Don’t know why though, a rocker has never won this competition and never will. The highest they get is 3rd or 4th and that’s as far as they go. What’s wrong America? Rock is not dead! If it wasn’t for rock, well, never mind! Now that Pia and James are gone – just pick a winner and ‘get r done’. They got three songs each and the show being mostly commercials – that’ll fill up the two hours! . . . . Ryan, I wonder if he’ll ever retire that suit. Better yet, he just needs to retire. First up – Scotty – ‘Amazed’ – Jean jacket, plaid shirt, jeans – seriously people! Seriously! That is totally Howdy Doofy! Perfect song choice for him. Totally fit his voice and he did his usual impersonation. Sorry Scotty fans, just no originality here! . . . Lauren – ‘Wild One’ – Red and White hip length cool shirt, jeans tucked into white boots. Looked like a walking flag. Is it me or is her caboose really growing? That was so-so for me. Of course the judges loved it – they would love a funeral! She’s done better. Nope, she didn’t sell me on that one. . . . Haley – ‘What Is’ – Sweet black dress that was way HOT! Awesome shoes – again, totally HOT! Her dad played the guitar – that was cool! She totally rocked that out! She outshined the other two with the first words that came out of her mouth. Awesome job! – Round 1 goes to Haley! . . . Scotty – ‘Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or What?’ – Blue plaid shirt and jeans – whadevah! – Love Thompson Square and that was a good song choice for him. More upbeat than his usual and much better than round 1 – this one I liked . . . . . Lauren – ‘If I Die Young’ – Another black and White prom dress. Black top big ole white skirt and I do mean big ole! Got her doing the Band Perry – love them too! She did much better on this one than the last one. It was a great song choice for her and it fit her voice. This one wasn’t bad at all. Did ya’ll notice the t-shirts her family had on? Now if that ain’t white trailer trash I don’t know what is! Seriously! I mean, show your support, but do it with taste! . . . . Haley – ‘Rhiannon’ - Short gray dress that she is once again totally rockin! Loved it when they turned the wind on her – HOT! I didn’t like this song choice for her. Nobody messes with Stevie! She started off OK on this and then totally lost it when the band kicked in. Her first one was much better. Huge Stevie fan here so can’t nobody compare to her in my book. Round 2 – pick somebody. Scotty – ‘She Believes In Me’ – Black jacket, printed white crew neck (no surprise on the crew neck), jeans, Oh well, Prada, he ain’t! That was just WAY to whiney for me – If he added just a little more whine, he’d be vintage! Lauren – ‘I Hope You Dance’ – Another pageant gown! More pageant hair! I get it now – she’s running for Miss Idol! She was way ahead of the music on that one! It seemed too rushed and this is a song that you don’t rush. She acted like she just wanted to get it over with. Again – she didn’t sell it . . . . . Haley – ‘You Outta Know’ – Blue shirt, black pants, awesome shoes. She tried to force this one out to much. She didn’t need that much force in the song. She went overboard to me. Round 3 – Another draw . . . . . We’ll see who gets the boot tonight – With the way the voting has gone this season – like I said – just pick a winner and ‘get r done! DJ Jumper, ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment