Thursday, May 5, 2011

Top 5 Perform 05/04/11

Top 5 perform . . . . Ryan, He really does look like a Sears’s mannequin! . . . . Mentor this week is Sheryl Crow. She’s cool. Did ya’ll know that Fleetwood Mac was looking at replacing Christine McVie with her when she left the group? . . . . . James – ‘Closer to the Edge’ – Rocker vest, sleeveless shirt, black jeans, chain from the side, all of it James. He needs me to train him on them arms though. I could get those arms in shape! He as usual rocked that out. He worked the crowd and stage great. Dude is at home. Awesome job . . . . Drama Queen - ‘No Air’ – Black jacket with big ole white trim, white v neck t, black pants, he looked like a Polaroid negative. Yep, I hated it. Nuff said. Well, I’ll just add that I can’t stand him. Hold on a sec! Randy didn’t like it! Well, Randy finally woke up! . . . . Lauren – ‘????’ – All black with silver fringe type adornments hanging from her neck and waist. Hip boots were HOT and her hair was pillow worthy! She looked HOT! Yep, right song for her. Glad she did something more up tempo. She rocked that in her own way. Not to bad, not to bad at all . . . . Scotty - ‘Gone’ – Again Mr. Plastic Face calls him ‘Scotty The Body’ – me laughs! Jean jacket, gap shirt, jeans and boots, lather rinse repeat! Right song for him and like Lauren glad he did something more up tempo. It was much better than last week. Those facial expressions are just laughable though . . . . Haley – ‘You And I’ – Now she is SMOAKIN! And I mean SMOKIN HOT! Black leather sleeveless that hugged her body in all the right places and those awesome semi sequined taupe pants that like her shirt hugged her in all the right places! DAYUM! Never heard this song before and according to the judges hasn’t been released yet so I have nothing to compare it to . . . . So, she sang OK on it to me. Jennifer had a good point. People want to compare to what they are familiar with so this song choice may have hurt her . . . . Round 2 . . . . James – ‘Without You’ – Black Henley with chains, black and white striped pants, great arm wear. He pulled it off. Ah, we have tears. Grow a pair! He did really great on the high notes but to me fell short when he tried to sing the low parts. He can’t do low. Also agree with Randy here, the low notes fell flat but all in all I’ll give it a pass . . . . Drama Queen – ‘Love Hurts’ – Gray suit, purple shirt, pass the collection plate. Ya’ll sitting down? I actually like the way he started it off! But, as usual he went into his over dramatic style and ruined the whole damn thing! After that I quit listening . . . . Lauren ‘–‘Unchained Melody’ – Blue and White pageant dress with the accompanying pageant hair – If I was judging her in a pageant she’s probably be 4th. Yes, I judge beauty pageants. Believe it or not directors have trouble finding men to judge beauty pageants – they call me – I go! The song was way too big for her. Some songs should just be left alone and this is one of them. She couldn’t pull off the high parts when she needed to . . . . Scotty - ‘Always On My Mind’ – Black jacket, light gray shirt, jeans, boots, Boring, Boring, Boring (but Prada he ain’t) OK Scotty fans – even ya’ll have to admit that he went off key on a lot of that. And for me he was to ‘twangy’ so I sum it up this way – outfit was boring and so was the performance . . . . Haley - ‘House of The Rising Sun’ – Different black shirt that was also just as sweet! Smokin pants with the holes in the knees – Baby, she had it all on the money tonight! When I heard she was singing this I thought, hmmmmm, but did she ever prove me wrong! That was pure DOPE! Best I have EVER heard her do! Totally the best performance of the night and the perfect way to close the show! That was AWESOME! . . . . . So there you have it . . . . We’re getting closer people! Is it REALLY May already?!? We’ll see who is sent a packin tonight – Ya’ll know who I want outta there! DJ Jumper, ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment