Thursday, March 10, 2011

Top 13 perfrom - 03/09/11 - I checked the date Ken!

Top 13 perform . . . .

Ryan – There’s that suit again. It’s like herpes, it keeps coming back . . . . And so does he! Dweeb! For you newcomer’s – I’ll let you in on a secret – Don’t care to much for Ryan.

Lauren – ‘Any Man of Mine’ – Mint green dress over black pants and Pic N Pay black shoes. Hold on a sec ya’ll . . . . OK, I’m back. I had to check the calendar on my laptop and verify it by my phone – Yes, it is 2011! IT’S BEEN DONE – MOVE ON! Her hair looks better curly – straight – not so much. She sounded off key to me on that one. Was not the best song choice for her – hated the ending – it was like a hard push on the brakes with a silent skid. Agree with Steven – Was not Kick Azz enough. Wanted more from her.

Cayce – ‘Little Help from My Friends’ – He said he first heard this song when he was 5 – Yeah, me too! This dude does not need to be wearing shorts – those legs have ever been the sun! Cool black jacket, black pants and printed T – such a staple, every guy has it – so whadevah . . . . When I heard that he was doing a Joe Coker song I said, He’ll knock that right outta here . . . . And he did! He nailed that! That was dope!

Ashton – ‘When you tell me that you Love me’ – Long silver one shoulder night gown. She looked like she was ready for bed. (I could go many places here people!) She did have the Diana hair going on though. I have never heard this song before. She sang it good but it didn’t blow me away. She’s done so much better. Randy hit it – To safe. This girl can blow up a storm but didn’t do enough last night to rustle leaves. Pick it up!

Paul – ‘Come Pick Me Up’ – Awesome jacket, black with red trim, red shirt, black tie, black pants and ‘I’ll kick yo azz’ boots! It was Sgt. Pepper, only updated. Ya’ll know I don’t like normal! I like this guy’s voice but this song didn’t do to much fer him. Wish he would have picked a better song. So I’m giving it just an ‘Insert turned up nose look here’. Oh, he dances like he’s drunk, so I get it!

Pia – ‘All By Myself’ – This girl is soooo HOT! No way in hell she will evah be by herself! DAYUM! Sweet short one shoulder silver number. Not a fan of the one shoulder but she can do it! Her hair was pillow worthy! Didn’t really care for the sheer curtain looking thing coming off the back of it – took away from something that didn’t need a dam thing! Shoes – OH YEAH! This chick can sing! She picked a Celine song and when she was singing it – I did not compare it to the original. She’s got it. Somebody pick me up . . . . I’ve fallen!

James – ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’ – Awesome red/black leather vest, white v-neck tee under – and left out so it shows under the vest – totally the way to wear it – just like I do – black pants, cool scarf and arm wear – I want it! To sum up – he passed! Just as I figured, dude rocked that. This dude is awesome! Loved it! Keep it up bro!

Side note – Randy got allot of picking up to do with all the name dropping he was doing last night.

Haley – ‘Blue’ – Whoa! Why hello there Miss Cleavage! Earrings that hung down to her collar bone – really? Black long low V frock – only part I liked about it was the top. She totally looked like she was doing a hula dance when she sang. I was expecting to see a mountain rise behind her and the birds fly from the deep blue sky with sun kissed maidens and warriors descending from the mountain as the brilliant sun shines in the background. I have no idea! It’s just the way my mind works! But to continue – She sang Blue and after she finished – I was. That was boring and off key. Didn’t feel a thang from it – well, except blue.

Jacob – ‘I Believe I can Fly’ – Ok, here we go . . . . Gray suit, black shirt and a picnic table cloth tie. Gimme a break! Said it last time, sayin it again and yeah, you’ll hear it again – this dude just ain’t my style and I CANNOT look at him sing. His facial expressions remind me of some people I knew that were in rehab. You know there’s something going on in there . . . . But what? He is talented, no doubt about it – BUT, in my opinion and we all know it is all about me – his voice can be heard everyday on the radio – just turn it on and it’s there - And, he always goes overboard and does too much – just sing the song normal! Ok, I’m done now. – Next!

Thea – ‘Smile’ – She had on a long gray strapless frock with a white top – it was to short and it was way too old for her. Hair – to flat – I know, it’s not the 80’s, but a little life in it would be good. That song did not make me smile. As a matter of fact after she finished I had no expression at all. A rarity for me! The arrangement was just too weird; she was off in parts . . . . Already forgot about it. Nah!

Stephano – ‘Lately’ – Black leather jacket with gray sleeves – cool! I want it! – Blue shirt, cool tie, cool jeans – all of it – cool! Good job bro! However; lose the peach fuzz man – give it time, it’ll grow. That started off to slow but he pulled it out. He hit the high notes good and actually kinda surprised me in a good way. There’s a three quarter smile here.

Karen – ‘I Could Fall’ – Hair slicked back – pageant earrings and I’m sure that Cher is pissed off that she stole her Bob Mackie one of a kind original that is sold at every TJ Maxx. She picked a Selena song – All I gotta say is . . . . OH HELL NO! Pick a key sweetie - Find a note hunny. That was so bad that all I’m gonna say is . . . . . ‘Bless her heart’ – and all of us from the south knows what that means!

Scotty – ‘The River’ – Gray print shirt - black boots, black jeans – all he was missing was the rope and big ole hat. No surprise here. Again, I don’t do normal. He did his usual on that one. Dude is totally country and he’s got one heck of a voice but Randy and Josh have cornered the market on that voice. He needs to do something to break the comparison and break out of the mold. I mean, just like prescription drugs, after a while they don’t do nothing for you anymore.

Naima – ‘Umbrella’ – She looked, well, funky. Black tube with stripped bottom, gray bedazzled jeans turned up and calf high tenny pumps. Like her outfit, that song had a lot going on – to much going on. She threw too much in there. Change is good but sometimes it’s better to leave it alone. The rap in the middle – not necessary. The whole thing was just too much and all over the place.

So there you have the top 13. Who goes home tonight? This stage in the game way to early to speculate. All in all not to bad of a show.

Just FYI – I had appointments at the gym last night and didn’t get home until after 10. I DVR’d the show and watched it when I got home – after fast forwarding through all of the commercials and fluff – I was done in less that 40 minutes.

For me Pia, Cayce and James were the shiners last night.

We’ll see who’s sent packing tonight.

Ya’ll have a fantabulous day!

Peace!

DJ Jumper
ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment