Thursday, April 21, 2011

Top 7 - 04/21/11

OK – We got songs of the 21st century tonight. Sounds pretty current to me . . . . Ryan, Hope yall are sitting down for this! I know ‘Mr. Personality’ had on his usual gray suit but it wasn’t his usual – that suit was totally kickin! Loved those skinny lapels and even approved of the black skinny tie. Awesome suit and it would look totally sweet . . . . On anybody else. I could so rock that suit . . . . . First up, Scotty - ‘Swingin’ – Camel colored leather jacket, plain white shirt, jeans, boots, same ole, same ole. He does hold the mic like a flute and he does sing out of the side of his mouth. As far as the song, it was WAY to cheesy for me. He didn’t do is normal on that one and I have to agree with Randy – it was boring . . . . James – ‘Uprising’ – He’s looking very British tonight. All black again but that ¾ jacket was totally cool. Steven summed up the outfit perfectly – ‘Madd Max meets the storm troopers on Melrose’ - I want that jacket but where would I wear it living in po-dunk SC. As usual he totally rocked that! Freakin awesome! This guy just rocks! Gonna be hard for anybody tonight to top that one! Dude is on a roll! . . . . Haley – ‘Could Have Had It All’ – She looked kinda 50ish (the era, not the age) – Her hair looked like Veronica Lake and she had on a Lucy red polka dot dress. I though she looked hot! – What that says about me I’m not sure – I’ll consult my therapist. This was the PERFECT song choice for her. She did a jam up job on that song. This is what she should have been doing all along. She hit that one right on da head! Totally awesome but James was still better . . . . Drama Queen – ‘Dance With My Father’ – Black shirt and a pewter shiny suit – he looked like a molded tin man. OK, did yall catch that everybody from the interviews called him a Diva – I KNEW he was over sweetened by 2 extra cups of sugar! Once again – same ole same ole – over sang, over done, over yelled! To my surprise the judges weren’t as blown away by him this week. Bout damn time! Jennifer summed him up pretty good last night when she said ‘Because you have so much emotion – it takes you off’ – EXACTLY – They have pills for this ya know! . . . . Casey – ‘Harder To Breath’ – Black jacket, plaid shirt, cargo pants – he looked ‘bummy’ – Say what you want Casey fans but he yelled the majority of that song. It was to fast and off course – AND, that corny kiss up to Jennifer at the end made me throw up a little. He gets a big ole – ‘Whad-evah!’ . . . . Stephano – ‘Closer’ – He’s doing Ne Yo? Nuff said. – In the interviews they said that he would flirt with a piece of paper – like there’s something wrong with that. He adorned a black v-neck tee cool gray pants and suspenders – suspenders? When the hell did these come back? He did much better the past couple of weeks and has landed in the bottom each time so this outta put him in the top. Too much of a wannbe performance to me. Vocals weren’t as strong. He concentrated more on his moving around the stage than he did singin . . . . Lauren – ‘Born To Fly’ – He hair was HOT! Long denim skirt, denim jacket, white shirt and cowboy boots. The outfit was totally rodeo but again the hair was HOT! – I love Sara Evans so I immediately went into comparison mode and she didn’t do it justice. She didn’t totally kill it but it was a sever wound. Nah, don’t mess with Sara! . . . . So another week down. Who’ll be in the bottom? No clue! I hope this is the week we say goodbye to the Drama Queen but he’ll probably still be here next week. Okie Doke ART’ies. We’ll see what happens tonight. Ya’ll have a happy Thursday! DJ Jumper, ART President.

No comments:

Post a Comment