Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top 9 - Rock N roll Hall of Fame 04/06/11

OK – Let’s start with widdle ole Ryan like I always do – How many of yall caught the CMA awards? In case you didn’t let me inform you as to what Mr. One Suit was wearing . . . . Yep, you guessed it! THE SAME DAMN SUIT! He must think he is a cartoon character or something. I mean we all know that the Simpson’s, Charlie Brown and The Flintstones all wear the same clothes all the time so I think that he has some weird cartoon fantasy thing going on . . . . OMG! OMG! THAT’S IT – He IS a cartoon character – I KNEW he couldn’t be real! He’s just sad. The top 9 are singing songs from the Rock N roll Hall of Fame this week. Did yall notice that when they walked out they were all wearing black and gray combos . . . . well, all except ONE! . . . . So here we go . . . . Jacob - 'Man In The Mirror' - As from the previous - here is the exception the the black and gray combos - This dude is in all white - He looks like the Good Humor man, or the Michelin Man - take your pick. He was going to sing "Let's Get It On' - glad he didn't because I don't know if I could have sat through that. Have to ask?!? - Did you catch this obstinate 'being' say that - 'If I end up in the bottom it will not be because I sang the song bad it will be because America was not ready to look at themselves in the mirror' - Well, let's just all bow down to his greatness. After he said that - it immediately set my tone for listening to him. And as his usual he OVER dramatized it, OVER sang it, OVER did it, and I'm OVER IT. Can we just send this guy home and move on please. Haley - 'Piece Of My Heart' - She had on this black flowy dress kind of top thing that was black and white striped - black shiny pants and had her hair kinda crinkled. Hair looked good but she looked like she was playing dress up. The judges kept telling her to do Janice, well, she did. It didn't seem to fit her as much after she did it. I mean, she did OK, just OK for me. The growl parts were fine but otherwise, it was just a non blower for me. I'll give her a pass though. Casey - 'Have You Ever Seen The Rain' - Gray shirt with white collar, black vest, gray pants, kinda out of the norm for him - it was a shoulder shrug at best. He pulled out the upright bow for this one and it worked for him. He added his 'Cayce-ness' to the song and pulled it off. Totally not John Fogerty but who is. Lauren - 'Natural Woman' - Black jacket, Black/White checked short one piece thing - black vest - black tights - black boots - What no ascot? - that's a lot of stuff people! Way to much! Don't like her hair pulled back. Looks better down. She did good on that one. She's totally no Aretha and she did not do it as well as Kelly did in season one so she don't rank up there with them but it was a good job - I didn't hate it and I didn't change the channel so it was OK. James - 'My Guitar' - Black jacket, black/white shirt, black jeans - staple outfit - it was James toned down and kinda boring. He decided to do a ballad and slow it down this week. Not sure I cared for that all that much - I like this guy when he rocks it out. I know he wanted to try something different - different is good as long as you don't get arrested for it. He pulled it off and the last note was kickin but I like this guy more energized. Scotty - 'That's all right Mama' - Jean shirt - jeans - boots - YAWN! - He did good on this Elvis tune. He totally had fun with it and it showed. Glad he went more up tempo and with his voice it would have been hard for him to screw that up - and he didn't. Oh, the little 'scene' with the little 'teeny boppers' running up on the stage - some people will do anything for 5 bucks - I know, cause, well . . . . Never mind. Pia - 'Rive Deep Mountain High' - Here's a question. Who the HELL dressed her as a Gateway Computer box?!? That did nothing for her at all. That made her look 'hippy' and frumpy. That necklace didn't even go with the rest of the box. She's a beautiful girl and that was just wrong! She went up tempo as well and of course she performed the song with her usual greatness. She can sing - period! She's totally the front runner! Damn good job! Stephano - 'When A Man Loves A Woman' - black shirt, black vest, black pants, silver tie. It worked. OK, where did all that come from - I didn't think he had all that in him - This is probably his best performance to date. Agree with Randy that the beginning was a little shaky but after he got into he belted that out with no problem. Yep, good job bro! Paul - 'Folsom Prison Blues' - Black skinny suit with a white ruffled shirt. Like Stephano - this worked for him too. Now that's the way to come out of your shell Pauly! That was cool. Like Stephano I didn't think he had that in him but he showed us he did. He finally showed us that he can do something other than the slow quiet songs. He needed this after last week. Good for him! So - there you have the Rock n Roll Hall of fame week. All in all not too bad. As to who will be in the bottom - I know who I want there but who knows . . . . We'll see tonight! Happy Thirsty Thursday! Come on Happy Hour! DJ Jumper ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment