Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Top 3 - Lee Rocks the house!

Ryan – ya know I bet if somebody brought him something with color to wear – he’d run screaming out the door like Miss Muffet – only his voice would be a lot higher . . . .

OK – they each sing two songs – one is their pick and the other is the judges pick – same ole – same ole – as every year.

Their pick -

Casey - ‘OK, Its All Right With Me’ – Gray suit coat, print shirt, jeans – all kinda cool. Not bad. OK is it just me or did the band not kick in when it was suppose to when the song started? Don’t know if that made a big difference or not but . . . . That was not all right with me. Sorry Casey fans – that was boring, didn’t get it – didn’t feel it. I’ve never heard this song before or if I have I sure as hell don’t remember it and don’t care to hear it again. He has climbed the mountain – now he’s headed back down – real fast.

Crystal - ‘Come To My Window’ – Long black shirt – really cool shirt, gray pants – yep – looked good on her. She a be a playin da harmonica and the ge-tar! Sweet. Ah-right – I was confused with the way she started off the song – love the song – it sounded like she started in the middle of it. I didn’t care for the arrangement but the vocals were dead on . . . . as usual with her. She once again performed the song the way she wanted to and stayed true to herself – love this chick! I wanted her to sing ‘When A Man Loves A Woman’ – Joplin style – I bet she could blow that over the moon! (I bet Janeen could too!)

Lee – ‘Simple Man’ – He has worn that gray leather jacket before – but, it’s a cool jacket so I’ll go easy on the boy – black tee – shoulda been v-neck and black jeans – it all worked for him. EXCELLENT song choice, love the raspy voice this guy has and it fit that song perfectly – Freakin awesome job – cut it, put it to CD and sell it – I’ll buy it! Dude totally cooked that up and served it with gravy!

Round One – Lee all the way.

Judges Choice –

Casey - ‘Daughters’ – Brown print shirt – shirt was cool and if it was tapered properly would totally look awesome on me – and black jeans. Once again – sorry Casey fans but you ain’t gonna like this one either – Agree with these statements made – Boring, Lazy and Limp (which to me, limp is a 4 letter word). Of course Kara (who totally got on my nerves more than usual tonight) loved it because she picked it and in all honesty didn’t think it was a terrible song choice for him – he just didn’t do anything with it. I believe that Casey has played his last inning – go sit in the dugout son, we’ll call you when the game is over – which should be real soon for you.

Crystal – ‘Baby, I’m Amazed’ – All black – cool tight black shirt, tight black pants and kickin hip boots! You go Mama! Only one word for that one – DAMN! That was totally amazing – vocals once again were spot on. Like the song that Lee sang earlier – cut it – put it to CD – I’ll buy it. (Yeah I know I can download the things from i-tunes but Ryan says it all the time so if he wants it done – I ain’t doing it just for spite!) Ellen picked this one – only thing she’s done that I liked since she’s been on this show. Damn good job!

Lee - ‘Hallelujah’ – White shirt, black tie, black jeans – it’s a staple for him but it’s still working. Simon picked this song for him and when I heard what he was going to be singing it I was like ‘Not sure how he’s going to do on this one’ – I love this song – totally love this song and everybody has done it but nothing will ever compare to the Jeff Buckley version in my opinion (which on May 29th will be the anniversary of his death in 1997 of accidental drowning – so sad) – but OMG! – Lee did a phenomenal – absolutely phenomenal job! Totally freakin nailed it – unbelievable – I may go against my own spite and download that from i-tunes and just not tell anybody. Yep – one of the judges said it but I can’t remember which one – Lee did own the entire night. He sang each song like he meant it and with passion. Dude is amazing!

Round two - Totally Lee all the way.

I have been putting Crystal at the top each week but I totally did a complete 360 and Lee is da man! Casey, its back to Texas for you – now you can take some time, hit the gym and work on that bird chest you got going on.

It should be totally evident on tonight’s results – Casey should go and it be a Lee/Crystal show down which is what I believe we all pretty much figured out from the beginning.

Down to the wire people . . . . .

DJ Jumper
ART President

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree with you! I've always been a Casey fan, and glad he made it to the top 3. But he's just not in the same league as Lee and Crystal.

    At least he can go home and start wearing his hair normal now. Geez, those stylist have him looking a little too 'pretty' for me. Long hair is great on a guy, but tone down the fluff for pete's sake!

    I have to say that this is the first year I've headed into the finale and not had a strong preference on who wins (assuming it goes as it should and is a Lee/Crystal finale). I really like them both and would buy either's record.

    ReplyDelete