Wednesday, May 26, 2010

2010 Winner Announced

OK – We’ve started this in January and tonight is the night - and Simons last night on the show!

Yep – just as I predicted – same ole – same ole for Mr. Versatility! I cannot imagine wearing the same thing all the time . . . . but then again I am just a little high maintenance.

Is it just me or did both Lee and Crystal look like preppies on crack? Lee red jacket , white shirt, black tie, black pants – Crystal red jacket, plaid red skirt white shirt – looked like fashion mishaps from a private school.

OK – OK When they did the top 12 song – ‘Schools Out’ – I got while they were dressed like that – those back up singers were kinda creepy. Good ole Alice Cooper! Whoa – That brings back memories – well, at least the ones I can remember anyway. SWEET!

Up next – Chris Allen – ‘The Truth’ – dressed in all black with a gray tee under his shirt – I could rock that – and have. They forgot to cut Ryan’s mike off when he started you could hear him talking over the song. Not to sure about the song – will have to listen to it a couple of more times.

Wow – The Bee Gees – (paired with Soybean and Aaron) - so sad that the brother died. Seeing them made me wanna pull out my white suit and black shirt! Soybean actually looked more on the normal side tonight. Hmmmmm.

After the commercials Michael starts singing The Doobie Brothers – ‘Taking It To The Streets’ – of course he murdered it! And then comes out Michael McDonald! I’m surprised he didn’t punch Michael out for messin wid his song!

Lacey – She looked hot! DiDi looked hot – Katie looked hot! Soybean changed and she looked hot! All the girls were singing ‘Beautiful’ - That was a HOT segment! And got hotter when they brought out Christina to join them! Now she looked smoking! Black short jumpsuit with the rhinestones on the legs – catch me – I’m fallin!

Next segment – Lee starts with Hall and Oats ‘I can’t Go For That’ and the other top guys fall in – it was OK (until Michael joined in and it fell apart). Man – that choreography sure sucked! Good ole Hall and Oats! OK – I get the theme now – they start out singing the song and the original artist come on – Got it! (I should have gotten that a lot sooner). Must be retro night.

Crystal – ‘Isn’t it Ironic’ – She did awesome as usual. Alanis Morissette – she looked great!

Carrie Underwood – ‘Un Do It’ - Man – these girls are SMOKIN tonight! She gets better lookin each time she takes the stage (still has the stepford wife eyes though but I’m pretty much over that) – Black shirt with a smoking silver short jacket and black tight – TIGHT - leather pants – awesome boots – love the song – love the look – I just turned the air down in my house – it’s hot in here!

So Ford gave Crystal and Lee the Ford Fiesta that they designed – A Ford Fiesta! Really?!?

Next segment – Casey starts off with ‘Every Rose Has It’s Thorn’ and out comes Bret Michaels! He just won the apprentice – dude got it going on. I know he’s got some health issues but you’d never know it. You go man!

Lee sings with Chicago next – He didn’t start off to good on that – Never was a huge fan of Chicago – (I think it’s all the horns – hmmmm – I need to ask my therapist about this) – They sounded kinda off to me – but hey, they’re still kickin! So, Kick on! Custard!

Next we got the ‘Pants on Da Ground’ dude – PA-LEESE – Must we go here again! And joining him is William Hung – Now there’s three minutes of my life that I’ll never get back!

And there’s Paula! She looked fantastic! (And then she spoke) - When she asked Ryan for her lip gloss back – I rolled!

Kelly Clarkson – She went blond and short, Rueben lost more weight, Fantasia gained weight – Carrie – looks awesome – Jordin – lost weight, loved the long hair – Taylor – sucks – Kris Allen – looked his usual – Where the hell was David Cook?!? He must be on tour or something and couldn’t get out of it. They sang ‘Together We Are One’ and then brought out a lot of the past contestants – that was an awesome segment – loved it! Simon was real emotional when he talked . . . . Really am going to miss the guy.

WOW! – Janet Jackson – she looked phenomenal! Love the short hair – Totally works for her! The long black dress with the bright red lining on the sleeves and train was so her. Love her. Didn’t take her long to strip outta that dress for the next number – 'Nasty Boys' - I love to watch her move. Them dudes she had on stage with her need to hit the gym – if you’re gonna show it – develop it first!

Lee and Crystal sing ‘A Little Help From My Friends’ and they did good on it. And low and behold it’s Joe Cocker! Yeah the dude has aged (haven’t we all) but he has still got it! Awesome voice! Does your heart good!

And after all the fluff – we’re down to the big announcement – according to Ryan only 2% separated the two. And the winner is . . . . Lee DeWyze. I’m OK with this – would have loved to see Crystal take it but I’m good with him to. I’ll buy a CD from Crystal over Lee but they will both be fine. Probably will work out better for Crystal so she can make her own type of music – Lee is under the Idol contract now and will have to sing what they tell him. It’s all good. Happy for both of them!


Damn good show – the finale shows are always good – love seeing the original artist back on the stage.


So here’s the history . . . . .

Season 1 – Kelly Clarkson
Season 2 – Rueben Studdard
Season 3 – Fantasia Barrino
Season 4 – Carrie Underwood
Season 5 – Taylor Hicks (The true version of an idol one night stand – his contract was dropped faster than Ruebens!)
Season 6 – Jordin Sparks
Season 7 – David Cook
Season 8 – Kris Allen
Season 9 - Lee DeWyze

My reign as President has come to an end for another year. I still get to keep the Secret Service People around me though until next year and then I'll get a new crew. We’ll see who they get to replace Simon – surely won’t be the same without him. Now gotta figure out what to do with my Tuesday and Wednesday evenings free – I KNOW! – More gym time – NOW I can get myself in shape!

You are true ART fans and I appreciate each and every one of you! May you all stay healthy and happy and keep listening to the music!

Until next year . . . .

DJ Jumper
ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment