Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Top 4 - Songs of the Cinema - 05/11/10

Ryan – I do believe I am experiencing déjà view – I swear I have seen that suit before . . . .

Tonight we got songs from the cinema with LaWanda Fox as the mentor. Our maid always told us when we were little that if you didn’t have anything nice to say about someone – then don’t say anything at all – and Miss Florence (who I STILL miss to this day) was correct – The dude isn’t even worth an insult. Again – listen to him and his ‘views’ and form your own opinion.

And we’re off . . . .

Lee – solo performance – ‘Kiss From A Rose’ – Gray plaid shirt – Gray jeans – all to bland for me – however; plaid is back people and it looks like I’m going to have to break down and buy me some – maybe it will make me look taller. This was the first performance by Lee that I was like – ‘Dude, What the hell happened man? That started off bad – stayed bad in the middle and ended on a bad note. Flat, off key, pick a musical tragedy and it was pretty much in there. Dude was totally off his game on that first one. Where’d my boi go?

Mike – solo performance – ‘Will You Be There?’ - Free Willy song? – Really?!? – Seriously?!? – Song about a whale? – Really?!? – Seriously?!? – OK, get ticked if ya’ll want to but how appropriate for him to pick a song about a whale since he is as freakin big as one – Ah come on – you were thinking the same damn thing – I just said it! Perhaps he needs to rethink this personal training. Did he honestly think that people were not going to put the whale / Mike connection to this song? This whole thing can be summed up as follows – slow song, all black, flat line, same, same, same . . . . . Please give him his parting gifts and send him on his way!

Lee/Crystal – First Duet – ‘Falling Slowly’ – Crystal had on a black long shirt and tight leggings and Lee has on a cool brown leather jacket, black shirt and jeans – they looked pretty much their normal. The first two solo performances didn’t show me much but this duet with these two did. Clearly Crystal carried most of that song and Lee did totally better on this than he did with that first thing. Their harmonies together were not bad at all and I went OK, OK, this is gonna work. I have never heard this song before or if I have my dementia has wiped it outta my mind but I liked it – good job by both.

Casey – solo performance – ‘Mrs. Robinson’ (Really Casey – out of all the stuff out there you choose this one – you really are into the older woman thing ain’t ya bro – not that there is anything wrong with that – just don’t need to advertise it so much my man – they’ll come to you – believe me). He had on a cool blue jacket, white t and jeans – a step away from his norm so he gets a big ole ‘Sweet! . . . . bout time. He did OK on that one but it was just to laid back and ho hum. He could spiced that up some more.

Crystal – solo performance – ‘I’m All Right’ – Black dress with shoulders out, cool boots – pretty cool – this is the second time we have seen her legs. She totally made that song her own – took it in a whole new different direction and put her Crystal spin on it. I agree with Ellen – she made the song better. She is a true artist and is just amazing. Another stellar performance.

Side note – Did ya’ll see her boyfriend? Totally not what I imagined.

Casey/Mike – duet – ‘Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?’ – Casey – all black, Mike – all black – worked for Casey – not so much for Mike. OK, OK, I’ll give props when they are due and they both sounded good on that one especially when they sang together. It surprised me – well not really cause it was another slow song and this is all Mike can do.

The duets were better than the solo’s tonight. Not even gonna take a stab at who’s going home – We all know who I want gone.

We’ll see.


DJ Jumper
ART President

No comments:

Post a Comment