Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sinatra Night - 05/04/10

Sorry this is late today – bad allergy attack and my face had swollen up so bad that you could hardly see my eyes – my eyes actually looked slanted – made me look like I could whip you up an egg roll in two shakes! Have no clue what triggered this guy – only thing in the air today is a bunch of freakin fog – so foggy here you can’t see your mailbox at the end of your driveway. Eyes are back to normal – feeling better and ready to take on the world!

Ryan – I cannot imagine how it would be to go through life having to wear the same thing over and over and over and over. That would be pure hell for me. Maybe that’s it – he made a deal with the ‘Big D’. In order to get the 45 million he has to wear the same suit for the rest of his life . . . . For that kind of money I think I could endure that hell . . . . Nah, no way – you people know me to well.

As Harry said in Independence Day – ‘Let’s kick the tires and lights some fires!’ Best line in the whole movie. You know, they were all sitting in the room being briefed on the aliens and how to shoot um down . . . . Little did they know they had awesome force fields . . . . Really – How old am I?

Sinatra night and Tina and Nancy are in the audience to present Simon with one of Frank’s monogrammed handkerchief’s – now that was cool. Just one question for Nancy – Where’s the bike, chick?

Aaron – ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ – Greenish/gray vest (real cool vest) – gray shirt, black tie, black pants. This looked pretty good – The vest on me though would be totally awesome! He had his hair kinda slicked back or tamer tonight – like it better the other way. OK, since he is a crooner I kinda figured he’d do pretty well on this one and he did. I thought the song fit him, it’s his genre, and it’s his mode. Would I run right out and buy his recording of this or download from i-tunes – that would be a resounding NO. However, he didn’t do to bad.

Casey – ‘Blue Skies’ – Light purple shirt (have it) – gray vest (got it) – gray slacks – (yep, got those to) – so If I wear it, we all know it’s gotta be cool. OK Casey fans – sorry guys – that was not good. It started off key and he never found one. He seemed like he struggled with the song the whole time. I know this type of music is not his groove (again, I don’t want to get started on the ‘theme’ thing) but even with that being said – nope, not good. And as much as it hurts me to agree with Kara – he did sound like a lamb – works for Stevie – with Casey – not so much.

Crystal ‘Summer Wind’ – Whoa – she had on a long black strapless gown, had her hair up – she actually looked pretty. I have never heard this song before in my life but I really liked it. She really does have so many sides to her and she can pull everyone of them off. The judges kinda reamed her – leave her alone – ya’ll picked the theme – she didn’t! I though she did good considering what she was handed.

Mike ‘The Way You Look Tonight’ – Black coat, white shirt, black tie, black pants, Will these people on this show EVER get past this look. That hat! I wanted to yank it off his head and throw it all the way out the back door and tell him to go get it! Talk about a pimp daddy wannabe! This guy gets on my nerves when he talks. He sounded like he always does – no variation from song to song to song to song. Personal Trainer? I’m surprised he don’t sing with a mic in one hand and a big ole ham bone in the other. The judges of course raved over him. I just hope he isn’t waiting on me to purchase his CD in order for him to make his house payment – if so, better put it on the market son.

Lee ‘That’s Life’ – Black coat, white shirt, black tie, black pants – He’s worn it before and even on him I’m getting tired of it. These people should keep a spreadsheet like I do – put what you wear in the spreadsheet – refer back to it before you get dressed – that way NO REPEAT OUTFITS! However – that was the way to close the show! He did awesome on that song. Vocals were awesome. Perfect song choice and that totally was the best performance of this night! Way to go man!

Another theme week down. Think it’s gonna be Aaron or Casey tonight because the Mike fans ain’t gonna let him go. We’ll see – Hope its Mike though.

Here’s something VERY IMPORTANT that ya’ll need to know . . . . . Iron Man 2 – opens Friday in a theater near you! Can’t wait!

We’ll see what happens tonight.

DJ Jumper
ART President

1 comment:

  1. Yeah - I think my boy is in trouble this week. Casey, honey - I don't know what to say other than, Bless your heart. It just wasn't his genre.

    It did lend itself well to Aaron and Mike tho - BOO!

    Crystal wasn't even that great to me. Ok, not bad, but boring. Lee was really the only performance worth hearing for the night. And I really like Harry. I was expecting a little more. But some people just can't pull off the jazz thing. Oh well, another week down. Can we just skip to the Crystal/Lee finale already?

    ReplyDelete